Date:      Tue, 4 Jul 2000 16:36:13 -0700
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
To:        Mike Cragin <mike@jlbcom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: certifications

* Mike Cragin <mike@jlbcom.com> [000704 16:06] wrote:
> Dear sirs,
>
>   This may be a stupid question but I was just wondering why the
> best os on the planet doesn't have a certification assosiated with
> it? Seems to me it would be the most valuable cert around, and
> probably the toughest to get. I would study my *** off to get a
> cert like that. It would tell the world that I was one of the best
> of the best.
>
>   Any way maybe somebody could bring it up at the next meeting
> or something. Just a thought.
>
> Thanks from a true FreeBSD fan.

Well currently there are rumors of certification coming for FreeBSD,
however several avenues of 'FreeBSD'ification' already exist:

1) contributing code.
2) maintaining websites for FreeBSD reasources.

These two options can speak so much more for someone than just
certification.  So until and even after certification becomes
available, contributing towards will speak a whole lot more for
you than passing an exam (no matter how tough).