Date:      Sat, 7 Apr 2001 09:05:49 +0200
From:      Cejka Rudolf <cejkar@dcse.fee.vutbr.cz>
To:        Ian Dowse <iedowse@maths.tcd.ie>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: About NFS and NFSv3/UDP errors with iozone

Ian Dowse wrote (2001/04/06):
> If this is what I think it is, then you could work around it by
> either adding "-d,-t2" to the mount options, or don't use the "soft"
> option.

Thanks, it really helped to remove "soft". Currently, Solaris writes
"NFS server not responding still trying" and "NFS server ok" during
NFSv3/UDP tests, so I can conclude that it seems that NFSv2/NFSv3 is
sufficiently stable on FreeBSD now. Good thing.

Unfortunately, I can not use "-d" nor "-t2" in Solaris, because it has
somewhat different implementation. However, I can play with "timeo=n"
and "retrans=n" parameters in the future tests.

Once again thanks.

--
Rudolf Cejka   (cejkar@dcse.fee.vutbr.cz;  http://www.fee.vutbr.cz/~cejkar)
Brno University of Technology, Faculty of El. Engineering and Comp. Science