Date:      Thu, 21 Dec 2000 17:35:31 +0100
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
To:        Vivek Khera <khera@kciLink.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: logout on KDE 2 (patch works)

Vivek Khera said on Dec 18, 2000 at 12:19:51:

> RS> I've tried both.  audioserver -- no use.  kde init -- one may as well
> RS> use ctrl-alt-bksp to kill X altogether...
>
> The part about the audio server was to disable it.  Then on subsequent
> KDE sessions, you should be able to log out.  This was my experience
> with 2.0, for 2.0.1 it works just fine every time.
>
> I guess killing a process should have been killing ksmserver rather
> than kdeinit.  That does a resonably clean logout.

Well -- I'd just like to report that the patch I posted a couple of
days ago works perfectly.  The logout button now works everytime, and
I can't see any other side-effects -- session management etc work
fine too.  My only crib now is that it takes too long to actually
log out after you click the confirm button: there should at least
be some pop-up window saying "logout in progress" or some such
thing...  Otherwise, kde2 looks good and has been completely stable
and trouble-free so far.

The patch is for kdelibs-2.0.1/kdecore/kapp.cpp, and is here:
   http://www.lpt.ens.fr/~rsidd/kapp.diff

Thanks,
-Rahul