Date:      Thu, 23 Jun 2011 11:50:35 -0500
From:      Adam Vande More <amvandemore@gmail.com>
To:        Joe in MPLS <joe@gracenpeace.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: LTO3 tape drive not detected

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 9:35 AM, Joe in MPLS <joe@gracenpeace.net> wrote:

> The system sees the SCSI controller as mpt0, and it seems to know there's
> something at SCSI ID 4, but I get an "AutoSense Failed" for hba/id/lun 0:4:0
> at boot and subsequent camcontrol rescans.
>
> I checked the supported hardware doc for the release but it doesn't get
> very specific about tape drives. This is my first experience with LTO3 tape.
> I was hoping that I'd automagically get a /dev/sa0 device like I always did
> with my old DLT drives but it wasn't to be this time.
>
> Is there a way to make this drive work?

I don't the answer to your question, it's been quite some time since I
worked with a tape drive.  Off-topic question, what type of capacities to
tapes support now days?

I think think you may have more luck posting this question to a different
list, stable@ is the one that comes to mind for me.

--
Adam Vande More