Date:      Mon, 10 May 1999 12:10:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ben Manes <anarchy@crl.com>
To:        "Ramoncito P. Puyat" <nitronarc@iname.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: help with partitions

> Hello all!
>
> 	I'm trying to load both FBSD3.1 and RedHat 5.2 into my system. Read the
> How-to on dual boots. However, I'm having trouble with the partitioning of
> RedHat 5.2, as we know it doesn't auto partion like FBSD 3.1. Know it is
> the wrong list to ask but, could someone help me in this respect. I have
> about 700mb for each of the OS (sharing 133mb swap space).
>
> Ramon

Well, what exactly is wrong? all you should need to do is use fdisk
(disk-druid != work), create a linux partition from free space, and
continue the linux instillation. It should automaticly setup the
partition andso forth. Then just go into lilo's config, and add freebSD.
It should be quite simple. I have both happily on my system.

One question, why so much swap space? Most of your work probably wont
need much swap, and even then not nearly that much (although I hear
netscape gobbles alot).

if you need a step-by-step, email me and I'll walk you through any
problems. I promise you, it will seem elemtary after the first time. ;-)