Date:      Tue, 4 Mar 2014 23:41:02 -0300
From:      "William Marcelo Piovezan" <william@uli.com.br>
To:        <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: samba36 on 10-RELEASE can't join AD

Hi,=20

=20

I'm getting exactly the same problem as described in this message.

I was using FreeBSD 9.2 with samba36 working in a Windows environment, =
the
DC is Windows 2012.

I=B4ve just updated to FreeBSD 10  and could not join AD anymore. Kinit =
works
perfectly buy net ads join returns the following error:

=20

Failed to join domain: failed to connect to AD: Looping detected inside
krb5_get_in_tkt

=20

After several retries, the computer account at Windows DC has been =
locked
(maybe due to domain policy). I=B4ve deleted the account and tried to =
join
again but the same problem happened. But for some reason the computer
account is added to the Windows DC even with the Samba error. Trying =
wbinfo
-u returns nothing so I suspect the machine has not been added at all.

Is there anyone that could solve or workaround this problem? I have the
latest samba36.22 with heimdal installed.

=20

> I can't seem to join AD with samba36 on 10-RELEASE:
>=20
>  <http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-ports>; pacija at
server:/usr/local/etc % sudo net ads join -U pacija
> Enter pacija's password:
> kerberos_kinit_password
<http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-ports>; pacija at
EXAMPLE.ORG <javascript:;> failed: Looping