Date:      Wed, 12 Oct 2011 15:50:46 -0400
From:      Sceak <sceakie@gmail.com>
To:        wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   Scanning with ath

Hi,

Is there a way to increase the scanning sensitivity with the Atheros
driver?

I have an Apple computer and that machine came with Windows and both
are able to scan about 3 to 10 APs per active scan.  Specialized
applications are able to pick-up about 30 beacons.

For a long time I though that the adapter was only able to scan the
most powerful AP in range, the one on the floor above, until I set my
Apple machine to act as a WEP AP and I was able to pick it up along
the other network.

Right now it's using the default settings, I played around with the
roaming settings, alas to no avail.

Suggestions?