Date:      Sun, 4 Jun 2006 16:21:31 +0200
From:      <Tyrone.VanDerHaar@TelecityRedbus.se>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   route malfunction wrong info

Hi,
I'm running Freebsd 6.1RC-1.

Can anyone tell me if this is a bug or not?
-Vlan137 is up
-I issue a route get subnet from valn137 and I see the route exists
-I issue an ifconfig vlan137 down
-I then issue route get (subnet on the downed interface) and is show it =
as up
Shouldn't this route dissapear when I issue the ifconfig vlan137 down?
ifconfig vlan137
vlan137: flags=3D8943<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,PROMISC,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> =
mtu 1500
        inet xxx.xxx.xxx.177 netmask 0xfffffff0 broadcast =
xxx.xxx.xxx.191
        ether 00:30:48:85:1a:8e
        status: active
        vlan: 137 parent interface: bge0
ifconfig vlan137 down
vlan137: flags=3D8942<BROADCAST,RUNNING,PROMISC,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu =
1500
        inet xxx.xxx.xxx.177 netmask 0xfffffff0 broadcast =
xxx.xxx.xxx.191
        ether 00:30:48:85:1a:8e
        status: active
        vlan: 137 parent interface: bge0
route get ........
route to: xxx.xxx.xxx.176
destination: xxx.xxx.xxx.176
       mask: 255.255.255.240
  interface: vlan137
      flags: <UP,DONE,CLONING,STATIC>
 recvpipe  sendpipe  ssthresh  rtt,msec    rttvar  hopcount      mtu     =
expire
       0         0         0         0         0         0      1500    =
-70389

TeleCityRedbus Sverige
Visit: Marieh=E4llsv=E4gen 36
Address: P.O.Box 20165, 161 02 Bromma, SWEDEN
Phone: +46 8 799 38 00 - Direct: +46 8 799 38 07
Email: tyrone@telecity.se
Internet: http://www.telecity.se
TelecityRedbus is an ISO 9001:2000 & BS7799 certified company
Winner - Best Practice in Network and Infrastructure Security 2005, =
Aberdeen Group

=20

This e-mail is intended only for the use of the addressees named above an=
d may be confidential. =

If you are not an addressee you must not use any information contained in=
 nor copy it nor inform any person other than the addressees of its exist=
ence or contents. =

If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the IT departme=
nt on +44 207 001 0090
=0D