Date:      Sat, 15 May 1999 23:49:46 +0900 (JST)
From:      Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp>
To:        Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
Cc:        Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/pci pcisupport.c

	Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com> said:

> As I suspected, a massive flamewar has happened while I've been away. I
> don't think I have anything to add to what has been said (and I certainly
> don't want to continue a flamewar).

> Can people please just drop the subject until after Usenix. This kind of
> flamewar is too upsetting (to me anyway) and just makes it harder to have
> a useful face-to-face discussion.

As I said earlier, I agree with you.
About human factor, I think face to face communication is best way to
solve problem.

But about technical issues, I'd like to reply in public place,
because both the message from Julian (*1) and the message from
Daniel (*2) showed typical misunderstanding about newconfig.
The goal they showed is also the goal of the dynamic configuration of
newconfig from the beggining. I'd like to show how it will be achieved
by newconifg.

Could you permit me to answer technical issues in -hackers as Daniel
adviced ?
Or, -current is better about the questions which is posted to -current ?

Other possibility is newconfig mailig list (anyone can subscribe it
and it's archive can be accessed from WWW), or postponement until
after Usenix.

How do you think?

(*1)