Date:      Sun, 28 Oct 2012 21:28:21 +0200
From:      Alexander Motin <mav@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Big Yuuta <init.py@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: No sound from speaker, using Realtek ALC269 and snd_hda

On 28.10.2012 17:12, Big Yuuta wrote:
> I have an asus eeepc 1001px, on which I installed 9-stable.
> I, since day one, never had any sound coming out of the speaker,
> but when I plug a headphone in the jack, I have the sound -in the
> headphones.
>
> The chipset is a Realtek ALC269 which some people said is supported.

Now driver support most of CODECs. I don't know cases when specific
CODEC would be a problem, and Realtek CODECs from functional side are
better then many others. But many systems have custom wiring and laptops
are usually more problematic there.

> I read, and re-read the man page for snd_hda so many times,
> but I just can't make it work.
>
> Here's what I have right now in my device.hints
>
> Code:
>
> hint.hdaa.0.nid20.config="as=1 seq=0 device=Speaker"
> hint.hdaa.0.nid26.config="as=1 seq=15 device=Headphones"
> hint.hdaa.0.nid18.config="as=2 seq=0"

As I see, these three hints are replicating existing configuration and
effectively useless.

> #hint.hdaa.0.gpio_config="0=set"
> hint.hdaa.0.config="forcestereo,ivref50,ivref80,ivref100,ivref,vref"
> hint.pcm.0.config="gpio0,gpio1,gpio2,gpio3,gpio4,gpio5,gpio6,gpio7"
> hint.pcm.0.vol="100"
>
> This is my n'th attempt, I pretty tried everything I could imagine.
>
> Here's my verbose dmesg http://dpaste.com/818967/plain/
>
> Am I missing something? Is my understanding of pinouts correct?

CODEC configuration looks good and I see no problems in driver output. I
think most likely problem is in CODEC wiring and power amplifier. Your
CODEC has two GPIO lines and EAPD line. That gives 8 possible
combinations. I would recommend you to try them all. GPIOs, as you tried
could be set with hint.hdaa.0.gpio_config tunable. EAPD line can be
controlled (0 or 100) by the ogain mixer control.

Unluckily with this output I can't completely identify your system to
check what Linux does for it. Could you send me `devinfo -vr` output.

--
Alexander Motin