Date:      Thu, 23 Mar 2000 21:05:10 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Steve Roome <steve@snuggly.demon.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   port newpcm to 3-stable ?

Does the new sound driver from -current allow mmapped buffers (or whatever
is needed for quake yet ?) also does midi work ?

If so, and perhaps even if not, would it be possible (easy/difficult) to
port the new sound driver from -current into stable ?

Also, is it planned to port it to 3-stable at any point anyway ?

Why ? Well, voxware in 3.4-stable doesn't work with my SB16 pci, and
probably doesn't work with most cards reliably, and pcm doesn't seem to
do anything properly with my soundcard.

	Steve

(I expect I'm not the only person who has a windows dual boot and unplugs
the speakers from the sound card and plugs them directly into the CD-ROM
when they boot to FreeBSD - sad but true.)