Date:      Wed, 10 Nov 1999 17:47:15 -0500
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@mojave.sitaranetworks.com>
To:        Ariel Burbaickij <Ariel.Burbaickij@mni.fh-giessen.de>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Printing (was: i probably drew daemon's rage on myself)

On Wednesday, 10 November 1999 at 21:08:48 +0100, Ariel Burbaickij wrote:
> Your will probably laugh

No, I'm not laughing.

> but i still have no luck with my printer

It's not a question of luck.  It's a question of following
instructions.

> After typing in incantaion provided by Mr Lehey I got the same
> pattern as before*reverse staicase effect or what i would calll
> as such i got staircase on left margin of a4 paper after printing
> just about 1 or 2 letters.lptest|lpr works fine.

Ah, I almost missed this last sentence.

> Meanwhile I belive intervention will help.But maybe not everything
> is lost.  So I expect with excitement new advices.  By chirurgical

The English word is "surgical"

> intervention I mean some reinstalling/recompiling/reconfiguring.I
> guess your will need some information from me but I do not know what
> so just ask.

Next question: IIRC (since you removed the discussion), you're
trying to use apsfilter.  Have you read the documentation in
/usr/local/share/doc/apsfilter?  Have you acted on the suggestions in
/usr/local/share/doc/apsfilter/TROUBLESHOOTING?  What did Andreas say?

Greg