Date:      Mon, 15 Apr 2002 04:53:14 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
Cc:        sos@freebsd.dk, keramida@ceid.upatras.gr, dwcjr@inethouston.net, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ATA errors on recent -current

Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> >> Does not work.
> > No change or breaks completely (if so how)...
> Sorry: "No change".

Download the Windows executable I pointed to in a previous posting.
Run it.  It will create a floppy disk.

Using the floppy, set the DMA transfer rate slower on the drive.

STANDARD WARNINGS APPLY!  MAY HOSE YOUR DISK FIRMWARE IRRETRIEVABLY
IF NOT USED CORRECTLY!  FOLLOW THE IBM SUPPLIED INSTRUCTIONS TO THE
LETTER!  I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHA?T HAPPENS TO YOUR DISK IF YOU
USE THE TOOL!

-- Terry