Date:      Fri, 25 Aug 2000 20:55:40 -0600 (MDT)
From:      tucka <tucka@fatbastard.zialink.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   ipnat fails under load

You can add me to the list of people who have problems with ipfilter
under load. 3 boxes, 2 with 4.1-S ipf 3.4.8 and 1 with 4.0-S ipf 3.3.8.
It doesn't seem to be so much a problem with how many clients are
accessing the server, but rather just a matter of time. All 3 boxes
consistently fail after 2 to 4 hours of use. Some can be "saved" via
an ipf -Fa and reloading, but usually they need to be restarted. I've
had to go back to SUSE *blech* on one box because it was just unusable.
If there is any other info I can provide to help resolve this issue please
don't hesitate to ask.

Thomas