Date:      Tue, 08 Aug 2000 20:22:23 -0700
From:      Devin Butterfield <dbutter@wireless.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Porting Linux PhoneJack driver...

Devin Butterfield wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Myself and a colleague of mine are in the process of porting Linux
> driver for the Quicknet PhoneJack and LineJack VoIP telephony cards to
> FreeBSD. Has anyone else already started working on a FreeBSD driver for
> these cards? Would anyone be interested in collaborating and
> contributing to the effort?
>
> On another note: we are wondering how to determine the appropriate MAJOR
> device number for these cards? Do we need to apply for one?

Sorry to follow-up on my own post...but I forgot to add on a question
about licensing.

I the Linux driver for the Quicknet PhoneJack and LineJack cards are
GPL'ed. As a result, our ported driver will likely also be GPL'ed. Would
any developers on the list happen to know if there would be a conflict
by linking a GPL'ed driver to the FreeBSD kernel??

The point is, that we would like to make our ported driver available to
the FreeBSD community if we are successful, and we would like to avoid
any conflicts. :)
--
Regards, Devin.