Date:      Sat, 22 Dec 2001 19:07:22 +0100
From:      "Kristian K. Nielsen" <jkkn@jkkn.dk>
To:        "'Matthew Dillon'" <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
Cc:        <bradym@mail.hydrologue.com>, <peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au>, <davidc@acns.ab.ca>, <rnyberg@it.su.se>, <david@catwhisker.org>, <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: RE: 4.4-STABLE crashes - suspects new ata-driver over wd-drivers

Hey,

Thanks for the quick responds.

I am not sure that it IS the ata-driver, but it is typically accouring
for people using this driver. Maybe it uses vm or kernel in a speciel
heavy way that trickers the bug?!

I have tried with and without softupdates - there does not seem to be
any major difference. Still crashing doing high io/cpu.

"clean; make buildworld"
in a loop will crash my box as well within 3-6 hours.

An other way of trickering the crash is to move a large positions of
files and data from one IDE harddrive to another - that nearly always
causes that crash as well.

I have read one state that he upgraded to -current and that fixed the
bug? - do you know if anybody have any overview of what type of issues
or things that have implemented in -current that could be possible to
move to -stable to fix this issue?

Regards,
Kristian