Date:      Sun, 6 Oct 2002 16:55:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
To:        "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: devfs oddity?

<<On Sun, 6 Oct 2002 06:08:44 -0400 (EDT), "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net> said:

> Has our CDROM driver ever supported multiple ISO filesystems per CD?  Has
> it supported multi-session CDROMs?  The notion of partitions on CDROMs is
> a little ambiguous.  I'm hoping that GEOM can improve this.

Sort of, but it often gets things wrong for the more interesting
CD-ROM types.  I've never had it work correctly with Photo CDs, for
example; I'm always stuck doing successive `mount_cd9660 -o 12345'
until I find the one that actually works (as opposed to the one the
code chooses automatically, which never has a valid filesystem on it).

-GAWollman