Date:      Sun, 8 Aug 1999 14:35:15 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Pritchard <mpp@mpp.pro-ns.net>
To:        jdp@polstra.com (John Polstra)
Cc:        billf@jade.chc-chimes.com, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs

> In article <Pine.BSF.4.10.9908071334310.50029-100000@jade.chc-chimes.com>,
> Bill Fumerola  <billf@jade.chc-chimes.com> wrote:
> > On Sat, 7 Aug 1999, Mike Pritchard wrote:
> >
> > > *default umask=002
> >
> >  SetAttrs CVSROOT/commitlogs/other.981201.gz
> >
> > That seems to be doing the trick for everything. Thanks.
>
> Note, if you would have just _run_ the program with a umask of 2
> then it would have worked too.  It honors the umask setting unless
> overridden in the supfile.

Yes, but if I ever run cvsup by hand I wind up with cvsup
going through my whole tree and resetting attributes because
my default umask isn't 2.  I once started up a cvsup by hand, sat
down to eat/watch TV, came back and realized that cvsup had reset
all of my file permissions.

Putting it in the cvsup file help to make sure you don't screw yourself up
by accident.
--
Mike Pritchard
mpp@FreeBSD.ORG or mpp@mpp.pro-ns.net