Date:      Mon, 26 Feb 2001 14:09:25 -0800 (PST)
From:      David Kirchner <dpk@malkavian.com>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   docs/25392: Chapter 9 pages could use 'location of function' lines

>Number:         25392
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:       Chapter 9 pages could use 'location of function' lines
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
	I've been having trouble trying to find functions in FreeBSD's
	kernel. The current "hard to find" function is VOP_READ. I can't
	find it defined anywhere under /usr/src/sys.

	It'd be great if the man pages for kernel functions (chapter 9) had
	something like:

	DEFINITION
		Found in /sys/kern/vnode_pager.c

	for example. It doesn't need a line number, that'd be too much
	to keep track of. Just something so we can find where these
	functions live, though.

	The same goes for the other library functions, but that'd be a lot
	more work.