Date:      Thu, 12 Mar 1998 13:28:00 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Yuri Krichevsky <yury@nest.bistbn.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>, FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Serial port problems with Acer UARTs--solved

On Tue, 10 Mar 1998 19:54:51 +0200 (IST), Yuri Krichevsky wrote:
> 	Hi.
>
> 	This is small patch for FreeBSD 2.2.5-RELEASE, that fixes
> 	problem with detecting serial ports on IWill motherboards
> 	(I hope, it will work for COMPAQ LTE Elite machines also).
>
> 	I don't think it is right way to detect serial ports, so
> 	please use my patch only if you have this problem.
>

> P.S.
> 	after reboot, you may get message like this
> 	'sio0: 65 events for device without tp' - just ignore it.

Thanks greatly for this patch, Yuri.  Doubtless it can do with
cleaning up, but it did the trick for me (running on an Iwill P55XB2
board).

At Mike Smith's request, I've put the patch up at
http://www.lemis.com/serial-port-patch.html.  As I mention there, if
anybody else takes the patch, please inform Yuri of the results.

Greg