Date:      Sun, 31 Oct 1999 23:36:20 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   laptop problems

My sony VAIO went dark tonight.  About 10 minutes before it went dark,
the battery light started blinking (which was odd, since I wasn't
recharging as the machine had been plugged in for days) and then I got
a low battery warning and a forced suspend.  Then, it came on breifly
once more and died completely after that.  I can't even get the thing
to turn on with or without the battery.  The voltage from the PS is
good, so I'm at a loss to explain it.

This may impact the pccard/cardbus work I've been doing.  I'll advise
as soon as I know more...

The bummer is that it has a few additional changes on it that I've not
committed.  Can't even get it up enough to do a backup :-(.

Warner