Date:      Tue, 21 Aug 2001 15:22:23 -0500
From:      "Todd Reed" <ex279@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RS: DIG and NSLOOKUP...server fails

Yes, I changed my serial number and I didn't do a named.reload, but I've
rebooted the system several times.

Would I need to change my serial if I'm just testing the primary only?  I'm
telnetting into the same box, and doing the nslookup.

--Todd

>I've created my zone, boot, and reverse files; but when I do a nslookup, I
>get the following error
>
>*** Can't find server name for address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: Server failed
>*** Default servers are not available

Did you update your serial numbers?
Did you issue a named.reload?