Date:      Tue, 15 May 2018 09:17:26 +0100
From:      Roger Pau =?utf-8?B?TW9ubsOp?= <roger.pau@citrix.com>
To:        Pratyush Yadav <pratiy0100@gmail.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-xen@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Is it possible to run Xen in a VirtualBox VM?

On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 11:37:43AM +0530, Pratyush Yadav wrote:
> On Mon, May 14, 2018 at 11:25 PM, Roger Pau Monné <roger.pau@citrix.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, May 14, 2018 at 10:49:43PM +0530, Pratyush Yadav wrote:
> >> I am working on the Xen grant table handlers (for my Google Summer of
> >> Code project [0]) , so do you think I would need to run Xen + FreeBSD
> >> when testing?
> >
> > Yes, I think you will need to be able to run Xen + FreeBSD. You can
> > probably manage to complete the first part using Xen + Linux and
> > running FreeBSD as a guest, but you will need Xen + FreeBSD Dom0 for
> > the second part (adding handlers for mapping operations used by the
> > backend).
> >> Also, how can I fix the error I'm currently getting about Intel
> >> processor not being supported?
> >
> > Which error? Can you please paste the full log?
> >
> > Roger.
>
> Ah, my bad. I misread your message. I thought you were saying we can
> run Xen + FreeBSD Dom0 but not a FreeBSD DomU.
>
> Anyway, I can't get the logs because they are not outputting to the
> serial port for some reason. I wrote what I could read from the 5
> seconds I get before the reboot in my first email.

You can set noreboot [0] in xen_cmdline in order to prevent Xen from
rebooting automatically. That should give you more time to read the
error message.

> You answered my
> question, but if you want a look at the error message I could read,
> check my first email. I'll also paste it below [0].
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Pratyush Yadav
>
> [0]:
> xenoprof: Initialization failed. Intel processor family 6 model 60 is
> not supported.
> Dom0 has maximum 600 PIRQs

> Panic on cpu 0:
> Error creating domain 0

This seems to be missing some lines. A panic usually contains a
message with the reason of the panic.

Roger.

[0] http://xenbits.xenproject.org/docs/unstable/misc/xen-command-line.html