Date:      Sat, 10 Aug 2002 13:48:36 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jim Weeks <jim@jwweeks.com>
To:        The Anarcat <anarcat@anarcat.ath.cx>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Keychain (shell script) does not want to play with /bin/sh

On Sat, 10 Aug 2002, The Anarcat wrote:

> On Sat Aug 10, 2002 at 04:22:55PM +0200, Oliver Fromme wrote:
> > Jim Weeks <jim@jwweeks.com> wrote:
> >  > /usr/libexec/locate.mklocatedb: 87: Syntax error: "||" unexpected
> >
> > There's no doubt that there's a syntax error in that file
> > (a backslash is missing for line continuation).
> > I am _really_ surprised that nobody stumbled across that
> > error before.
>
> It's been noted and corrected in latest stable as mentioned in the
> "/bin/sh changed?" thread.

I apologize for coming on a little strong with the first contribution I
made to this thread, I certainly don't mean to snipe the people that bend
over backward to contribute to the  FreeBSD project.  In a more
conservative tone, I meant to say how are we going to fix this so as not
to bite users that have no shell scripting knowledge at all?

I *thought* I had been following this thread, and although I have heard a
lot of bantering about what is correct syntax and what is not, I must have
missed the "heads up it's fixed" message ;-)

regards,

--
Jim