Date:      Sun, 13 Jul 2008 11:12:03 -0400
From:      "Sabeeh Baig" <baigsabeeh@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netbeans 6.1, no profiler...

Please disregard the previous e-mail.  There's a mistak ein there.

I'm having the same issue as well.  A lot of NetBeans
non-functionality has to do with the fact that the ML builds aren't
FreeBSD-aware.  They misidentify the platform as Solaris.

On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 11:11 AM, Sabeeh Baig <baigsabeeh@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm having the same issue as well.  A lot of NetBeans
> non-functionality has to do with the fact that the ML builds aren't
> FreeBSD-aware.  They misidentify the platform as FreeBSD.
>
> On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 9:43 AM, Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <bofh@redwerk.com> w=
rote:
>> On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 09:50:33PM +1000, Norberto Meijome wrote:
>>> hi everyone,
>>> I'm running latest netbeans, jdk1.5 and jdk.1.6 ports, defaulting to 1.=
6, on
>>> 7-STABLE (kernel +world from yesterday)       . When I launch netbeans,=
 i'm
>>> welcomed with this msg:
>>>
>>> -----
>>> Failed to initialize the Profiler engine: Problem with a required JFlui=
>>> installation directory or file
>>> /usr/local/netbeans/profiler3/lib/deployed/jdk15/solaris
>>>
>>> Original message: File does not exist.
>>> -----
>>>
>>> One of the reasons I'm interested in testing netbeans vs Eclipse is the
>>> built in profiler. What is needed to get it to work ?
>>
>> You may find it interesting to read the thread I started some time ago
>>
>> http://www.nabble.com/NetBeans-6.1-Profiler%2C-Sun-JDK-1.5-1.6-td1727412=
1.html

>> I was not able to get it work, however may be with recent patches for JD=
K 1.5
>> and 1.6 it will work? Could you please give it a try if possible, and le=
t me
>> know was you able to get the profiler in NetBeans working?
>>
>> BTW I was never able to get the profiler in Eclipse 3.3.2 to work under
>> FreeBSD 6.3 and 7.0 with JDK 1.6 - it just crashes :(
>>
>> --
>> Eugene N Dzhurinsky
>>

> --
> Appeasement only makes the aggressor more aggressive
> He understands only one language =96 action!
> And he respects only one word =96 force!
> -Megadeth | Blackmail the Universe
>
> Sabeeh Ahmed Baig

--=20