Date:      Tue, 02 Apr 2002 09:21:08 +0200
From:      Olaf Hoyer <Inferno@nightfire.de>
To:        Carl Schmidt <carl@slackerbsd.org>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: (fwd) Microsoft to base next generation OS on OpenBSD

At 06:22 01.04.2002 -0500, Carl Schmidt wrote:
>On Mon, Apr 01, 2002 at 12:05:08PM +0300, Alexandre Snarskii wrote:
> > April 1, 2002
> >
> > "Microsoft to base next generation OS on OpenBSD"
> >
> > In a surprising development Microsoft stated today that it would
> > not be using the eight year old NT kernel in its next generation
> > operating system.  The new system, to be called Windows BSD, will
> > be based around the freely available OpenBSD operating system.
>
>May this be one of the first "I fucking hate april fools day" replies.

Hi!

Well, there were rumored some thoughts about M$ using some UNIX technology
on their next generation products, similarly to Apple...

Well, I heard from a Debian developer also some thoughts about doing a
Debian distro with an OpenBSD kernel, to mix the best of two worlds... (At
least in their thoughts)... Well, this Debian thingie was not meant as a
joke, but AFAIK it never got really up...

Olaf