Date:      Thu, 27 Nov 1997 21:59:38 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mike <mike@seidata.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   rtinit

Running 2.2.5-STABLE I get the following on bootup immediately after the
"Local package initialization:" line:

---

rtinit: wrong ifa (0xf0a9fc00) was (0xf0a18280)

---

I ran this by the guys we have some support contracts with and they echoed
back little more than "check everything that's going on after local
initialization".  I asked for details on rtinit and/or ifa, but they would
give me nothing...  man -k yields the following:

---

ifnet(9), ifaddr(9), ifqueue(9), if_data(9) - kernel interfaces for
manipulating network interfaces

---

First, I got worried...  since I recognized section 9 as the Kernel
Developer's section...  Then I viewed the man page...  and got even more
worried...  since 3/4's of the page is function descriptions. ;)  I get,
roughly, that all this relates to the kernel's mechanisms for handling
network interfaces...  but I would really appreciate more information
about what's causing the specific error shown above.  Is there some sort
of conflict with my arp/network setup?

Being realatively unfamiliar with this topic, I'm sure I've left out
helpful information, so please email me if you need anything more!

---
 Mike Hoskins
 SEI Data Network Services, Inc.
 mike@seidata.com