Date:      Thu, 18 Sep 2008 14:16:26 -1000
From:      Al Plant <noc@hdk5.net>
To:        Derek Ragona <derek@computinginnovations.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Who is anyone using for consulting or support?

Derek Ragona wrote:
> I am working with a firm here in the Chicago area and they are
> interested in using FreeBSD, but would like to know of other outside
> support resources.
>
> I have checked the links on the FreeBSD.org website but have not gotten
> much response from firms on that list, which seems to be out of date.
>
> So if you know of a firm that offers support and consulting on FreeBSD
> in the continental US, please post back.
>
> Thanks.
>

>         -Derek
>         derek@computinginnovations.com

Aloha Derek,

Thats a "funny" request for FreeBSD. I have used it for years and
outside of hardware issues (which were non FreeBSD issues) it just works.

I was unfortunately involved with the install of a M$ system recently
doing "network cable" trouble shooting for the company. The problems
they had were all Microsoft running Msql data base and it took 4 weeks
and 2 outside support companies to resolve these issues.

If they have previously used M$ and a data base I could see why they
would expect that outside support would be necessary.

You may find some independent sysadmins on this list who could help you
with any issues you may have.

Having seen your answers on this list I would think you could handle
most situations you may encounter.

I wish you success.

   + http://hawaiidakine.com + http://freebsdinfo.org +
   + http://aloha50.net   - Supporting - FreeBSD 6.* - 7.* - 8.* +