Date:      Wed, 17 May 2000 12:29:30 -0400
From:      Sys Admin <abeaupre@chemcomp.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        beaupran@iro.umontreal.ca
Subject:   Display the time on ttyv7

Hi!

In a rather naive attempt, I tried to make a handy clock always
available on ttyv7. I've put the following line in /etc/ttys:

ttyv7 "/usr/gamges/grdc" cons25 on secure

It did not work. The tty was simply not accessible, giving me a nice
-beep!- when I tried Alt-F8.

After reading the getty man page, I understand that there may be a
little (much) more to do for grdc to work this way, so I ask: is it
possible to do something like that? It would be nice.

Thanks.

Antoine Beaupre
Sys Admin
Chemical Computing Group.