Date:      Thu, 19 Mar 2009 14:15:03 -0700
From:      james michael <jamesthefishy@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Talking of FreeBSD bounties, VMWare 6.x?

--------------000303060404090701050000

John Murphy wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 15:01:20 +0000 Rick N wrote:
>

>>  I understand Vmware is commercial, but what about  Sun's/OpenSolaris's xVM, (VirtualBox) its free. I haven't played with it in awhile but FreeBSD could be run as a Guest OS.  Maybe the newer version can support FreeBSD hosting. Needless,  its popular within alot of linux users, ...
>>

> Hi Rick,
>
> Yes, I use VirtualBox regularly on my <blush> Linux-Mint desktop.
> It works extremely well, apart from its fledgling OpenGL support.
> It's great for those, thankfully rare, occasions when I need to
> run the Redmond software.

I do like vb and I ran it on vista, xp and Linux before I finally got
enough computers + ssh and vnc. In my opinion in all honesty no one
needs a virtual software as well as the freebsd kernel still had
problems on VB last time i checked about 3 months ago or less. I also
don't know what you mean by "supporting freebsd hosting" but if you mean
to use a VB session as a serious freebsd server, I would think again. I
wouldn't even do this with Linux although vb supports it enough. Anyways
I hope it does work not or eventually if it solves other peoples
problems.  I guess with the ways I have things setup I just don't need
virtualization.

Best of Luck.

--------------000303060404090701050000--