Date:      Tue, 2 May 2006 09:00:30 +0200
From:      "Pietro Cerutti" <pietro.cerutti@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Which RC?

Hi list,
just updated my RELENG_6 as Tue May  2 08:25:55 CEST 2006

There are some things that are not clear about the version:

- uname says FreeBSD 6.1-RC #0
- on the FreeBSD FTP site the RC directory is now RC2
(pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/6.1-RC2)
- on the FreeBSD web site the schedule for 6.1 says that actually
6.1-RC1 has been released

How do I know which RC I'm currently running?

Wouldn't it be the case to speed up the syncing of the information
available on different parts of the FreeBSD Project space (see FTP vs.
web site)?

Thank you, regards

--
Pietro Cerutti