Date:      Mon, 17 Jan 2000 10:37:21 -0500 (EST)
From:      Charles Youse <cyouse@paradox.nexuslabs.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   PR kern/15656

In this PR, regarding IP header checksums, it's stated that a checksum of
0 is specified by the standard to be transmitted as all-1s (0xFFFF).  (A
checksum of all 0s is taken to mean that the transmitting host did not
calculate a checksum.)

Can anyone find a reference to this in the official docs, or perhaps find
an explanation why we do indeed send 0'ed checksums?  I've replicated this
behavior on both 3.4-STABLE and 4.0-CURRENT, i386 and alpha.

Thanks,
Chuck