Date:      Wed, 27 May 2009 11:38:25 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Pieter Donche <Pieter.Donche@ua.ac.be>
To:        "mail.list freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   7.2: Xorg no keyboard/mouse input

I set upFreeBSD-7.2 on a PC from scratch (deleted prevvious 7.0
partition, reinstalled 7.2)
installed xorg and kde via pkg_add
adapted /etc/ttys to start KDM window manager
(ttyv8 "/usr/local/bin/kdm-nodaemon" xterm on secure)
at reboot, I get KDE login screen, but keyboard and mouse do not react to
any input/move.
(in 7.0 on same system, with same keyboard and mouse I had no problem)

when setting /etc/ttys, ttyv8  again to off and reboot,
# startx
shows 3 primitive windows, but again no mouse and keyboard input accepted,
Ctrl-Alt-backspace goes back to an ascii console screen but no prompt
Ctrl-Alt-F1 neither
Ctrl-Alt-F2 gives a login: prompt and keyboard input is accepted...

(in # sysinstall I -postinstallation config, I checked mouse operation
it passed the test)

what can be wrong and how to remedy?