Date:      Sun, 29 Sep 1996 21:57:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "David E. O'Brien" <obrien@nuxi.cs.ucdavis.edu>
To:        michaelv@MindBender.serv.net (Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com)
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: H/W recommendation

> May I ask, did you try thinking about this yourself?:
>
> http://www.Intel.com/

Tried there first (and even used their search engine to no avail).  All I
could find was marketing B.S.  They are more the glad to tell you the CPU
speed, and *tons* of [somewhat bogus] benchmarks.  But heavens forbid,
they let people realize other parts of their system aren't running at
133MHz, etc.  :-))

I'd still love a specific URL to this information at www.intel.com.

> multiple of 30, runs the PCI bus at 60MHz.  The only other option
> that's left is multiples of 25 (75MHz Pentiums).

Thanks for the info.  I was expecially interested in knowing about the
75MHz pentiumns.  I suspected that a 60/66 MHz pentium could be better
than a 75MHz since they run the memory and PCI buses faster.

People still living off their parents upgrade their systems quite
reguarly here at my University (1.5hrs from Silicon Valley).  So often
you can find pretty good buys on used parts (for use poor grad students.
:-) ).

-- David    (obrien@cs.ucdavis.edu)