Date:      Wed, 28 Nov 2001 14:47:40 EST
From:      macfanatic@aol.com
To:        <torrey@mrcla.com>
Cc:        <gnome@freebsd.org>, <ports@freebsd.org>, <proclus@iname.com>
Subject:   Please Help...

Hello, I really appreciate your help in advance.

Background. . . . . . . . . .
Installed os 10.1
Installed xfree86
Installed gnu-darwin
(XDarwin)
Downloaded windowmaker (why don't know what it's for yet, but i see an awfull lot on the websites)

I can login and goto terminal and type startx -- -quartz, blah blah blah....

Great Im in Xwindows, 3 greeinsh blue windows appear, one login and two xterm in XDarwin.

I have search for a way to get Gnome or KDE installed, this is where i am stuck. Could please give me a step by step dummy intructions for a newbie on how to get up and running in Gnome GUI.

I know someone at MacAddict magazine, and if you got a website  together that gave a Complete idiots guide to getting Gnome to run on OS X, I will make sure it gets published and recognized.

Please help,
Chris