Date:      Tue, 29 Aug 2006 17:46:13 +0200
From:      Michal Mertl <mime@traveller.cz>
To:        beno <zope@2012.vi>
Cc:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Exceeded Allotted Memory

beno wrote:
> Bill Marquette wrote:
> > On 8/28/06, beno <zope@2012.vi> wrote:
> >> Hi;
> >> In trying to enable/run my pf ruleset with a rather large <spamd> table
> >> I get an error that states that table is too large to load into memory.

Please always post the exact command you run and the output you get. I
can't find anything similar to the error you describe anywhere.

> > What's your definition of "rather large"?
> 1093632 bytes

If it were size of a file with IP addresses it is going to be pretty big
list (in range of tens of thousands of entries) but I have just tested
(512MB memory, FreeBSD CURRENT) that I can fill that large a table with
both a series of 'pfctl -t aaa -T add $ip' and pf.conf line 'table <aaa>
file "/file/name"' without problem and I can also create thousands of
tables.

Michal