Date:      Mon, 4 Oct 1999 13:29:02 +0200 (CEST)
From:      torstenb@vmunix.org (Torsten Blum)
To:        kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: conferencing software/hardware

In freebsd-multimedia you write:

>What would be the choice for conferencing software
>under FreeBSD 3.2 at present?
>Full duplex sound card/driver
>Video camera (Color Quickcam?)

A _really_ good cam ist the Sony EVI-D30 (NTSC) and EVI-D31. Zoom (12x),
pan, tilt etc can be controlled via RS232 or IR remote control. The RS232
Interface ist documented. The only drawback is it's price. Most dealers
list the D31 at >2000DM ;-(
There are other usefull features too. It can follow moving objects etc.
Sony has a more detailed Description on
http://bpgprod.sel.sony.com/model.bpg?cat=Cameras+%26+Camcorders&subcat=Industrial&model=EVID31
The machine seems to be down at the moment ;-(

>vic/vat? Which version? WHat version of TK/TCL?

Just use the port. If you want to play a bit, take a look at the MASH
versions of vic and vat.

 -tb
(Learn Lisp.  (Really.  (I'm serious.  (Trust me.
                                         (It rocks all over.)))))
  -- Matt Curtin in <xlx90avlq7w.fsf@gold.cis.ohio-state.edu>,