Date:      Mon, 26 Aug 1996 11:49:14 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Lars Koeller <Lars_Koeller@odie.physik2.uni-rostock.de>
To:        searle@longacre.demon.co.uk, freebsd-questions@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Xload and xperfmon++

   Hi!

> owner-questions-digest@freefall.freebsd.org wrote:
>
> > In a previous message, Justin Ashworth said:
>
> >> Is anybody working on a port of Xload? Is there some better utility
> >> that I missed?
>
> > xperfmon++. It's wonderful and in ports (or is it packages?).
> > Regardless, it's painless to get and wonderful to use.
>
> Has anyone modified this to add other displays? (Current values as well as
> maxima and minima for the displays would also be nice.) I'm particularly
> interested in load-average (the main thing missing from it), but if there is
> an easy way to add new displays, I'd use it for other things as well.

      I'm  the maintainer of the xperfmon++  port for FreeBSD. The original
   author is to busy  to  do any improvements on  the prog. However it  was
   really hard work to write the system  dependent part new for FreeBSD and
   to fix some bugs concerning the wrong resizing behavior under X11.

       If you want to  add another display you have  to edit a lot of files
   and structures so it's not really easy, but I'm sure it's possible.  Why
   do you need max/min values for the graphs? They are autoscaling!

   Regards

   Lars

Lars Köller                  Phone:  +49 381/498-1665, Fax: -1667
University of Rostock        E-Mail:
Department of Physics          Lars_Koeller@odie.physik2.Uni-Rostock.DE
Universitätsplatz 3          Anonymous ftp:
D-18051 Rostock (Germany)      ftp://odie.physik2.uni-rostock.de/pub