Date:      Tue, 25 Apr 2000 23:45:27 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Gunnar Flygt <flygt@sr.se>
Cc:        Alex Charalabidis <alex@wnm.net>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: /var/db/pkg wiped by Netscape install

	This really belongs on -ports. Alex is the original poster, Gunnar
followed up. I haven't actually experienced this problem (but I don't
use the packages), so no need to cc: me.

Good luck,

Doug

Gunnar Flygt wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 25, 2000 at 09:43:39PM -0500, Alex Charalabidis wrote:
> >
> > Is it just me or do both the navigator47 and linux-netscape6 ports wipe
> > /var/db/pkg clean? This has happened to me on two 3.4-S machines and on
> > both the event coincided with the installation of Netscape (4.72 on one
> > and 6 on the other).
> >
> > All that's left in /var/db/pkg is the set of +FILES that ought to be in
> > a package directory and their contents indicate they most definitely
> > pertain to netscape.
> >
> > Can anyone confirm this, and whether using a package rather than a port
> > has the same effect?
>
> I can only say that I experienced the same.
>
> --
>                            __o
> regards, Gunnar       ---_ \<,_
> email: flygt@sr.se ---- (_)/ (_)

Excess on occasion is exhilarating.  It prevents moderation from
acquiring the deadening effect of a habit.
                -- W. Somerset Maugham