Date:      Sat, 03 Jul 1999 15:17:25 -0700
From:      "Kenton A. Hoover" <shibumi@lehub.com>
To:        Martin Dieringer <dieringe@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Thinkpad 770

No, on the TP600 it isn't a memory problem.  The machine find the memory
correctly, and even setting MAXMEM doesn't help.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

On Sat, 03 Jul 1999 12:42:00 +0200, Sendmail channeled Martin Dieringer saying:
> On Fri, 2 Jul 1999, Kenton A. Hoover wrote:
>
> > I don't know what the difference is, but the TP 600 has the same problem.
> > If APM is off, you get four beeps.  If it is on, you get about a dozen
> > beeps.  If you play around, you'll notice that the crash is time dependant.
>
> > > Then I rebooted from the hard drive.  Part way through the boot process,
the
> > > computer emitted half a dozen beeps and locked up.  I thought that perhap
s it

> as described yesterday, this is probably a memory problem (>64MB).
>
> martin

| Kenton A. Hoover                                  |      shibumi@lehub.com |
|  Head of Technical Operations                     |                        |
| RedCart.Com/LeHub.Com Inc., San Francisco, CA     |        +1.415.437.1506 |
|  The real democratic American ideal is not that every man shall be on a    |
|   level with every other man, but that every man shall have liberty to be  |
|   what God made him.                    -- Henry Ward Beecher              |