Date:      Mon, 16 Apr 2001 14:44:49 -0400
From:      "Tim Strike" <tstrike@targetnet.com>
To:        <fwkg7679@mb.infoweb.ne.jp>, <eischen@vigrid.com>
Cc:        <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   4.3-RCx altsigstack problems -- threaded children after a fork()

James Fitzgibbon was previously in contact regarding a problem with
4.2-STABLE, 4.3-BETA and altsigstack problems (does not occur in 3.x).  I
have recently installed the latest 4.3-RC and the problem still occurs
problem (not fixed).  The problem we have is with threaded children after a
fork() which can't be properly cleaned up.

I think the problem needs to be addressed for 4.3-RELEASE, and I was
wondering about the status of this fix (also related to PR bin/25110).  The
relevant messages from the thread are listed below:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=473293+475324+/usr/local/www/db/
text/2001/freebsd-current/20010318.freebsd-current
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=276033+282313+/usr/local/www/db/
text/2001/freebsd-current/20010318.freebsd-current

I think James was previously tracking this in freebsd-current, and I bring
it to freebsd-stable in hopes of having it fixed and not having to apply
source-patches on some 45 servers after the 4.3-RELEASE upgrade.

Thanks, -t.