Date:      Wed, 8 Jan 2003 16:13:02 +0300 (MSK)
From:      Seva Gluschenko <gvs@demos.net>
To:        Philip Paeps <philip@paeps.cx>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/46863: tin newsreader improperly deals with charsets

Message of Philip Paeps at Jan 8 13:53 ...

PP> Tin now uses iconv, and can be configured to 'translate' to a proper charset
PP> when one is not given.  In your ~/.tin/attributes file, you could put
PP> something like:
PP>
PP>   scope=*
PP>   undeclared_charset=iso-8859-1

I found nothing related in README (perhaps, inattentive reading?) and
an attempt to define default charset during compile time had no
effect. Thank you for advice, anyway.

PP> > 	Just add --disable-mime-strict-charset to configure options, as follows:

PP> Mmm, perhaps adding a conditional for that would be better:
PP>
PP> .if defined(WITHOUT_TIN_STRICT_CHARSET)
PP> CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--disable-mime-strict-charset
PP> .endif

Of course, this way it looks better.

PP> In any case, over here, iconv deals with charsets quite nicely.  Nicer than
PP> the disable-mime-strict-charset switch, I find :-)

Will see %) Thanks again.

SY, Seva Gluschenko, just stranger on The Road.
Demos-Internet NOC	| GVS-RIPE | GVS3-RIPN