Date:      Fri, 07 Apr 2000 14:03:17 -0700
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        Nick Hibma <n_hibma@calcaphon.com>, Paul Richards <paul@originative.co.uk>, new-bus@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Driver source location

Warner Losh wrote:
> In message <Pine.BSF.4.20.0004071958210.6751-100000@localhost> Nick Hibma wri
    tes:
> : You don't have. There are modules that have their .c files in the
> : /sys/modules direcotry.
> :
> : 	find /sys/modules -name \*.c
> :
> : is your friend. :-)
>
> But I thought we weren't supposed to put source that wasn't Makefiles
> into /sys/modules.

The syscons and splash files *.c are bugs.  I have been complaining about
them for some time.  I've never been able to get a clear answer as to
whether they were irreparibly i386 specific or just vga specific (and might
one day be able to be made work on a vga card on an alpha for example).

Cheers,
-Peter