Date:      Tue, 03 Jul 2001 19:02:25 +0200
From:      Christoph Sold <so@server.i-clue.de>
To:        EX 279 <ex279@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, t_reed@neaclinic.com
Subject:   Re: No Drives Found

EX 279 schrieb:

> I'm trying to install FreeBSD on a Server running an ARO-1130U2 RAID
> controller.  I can boot up with a DOS boot disk and it will see the virtual
> drive.  I've FDISKed it and Formatted it and it works fine.  However, when I
> go to install FreeBSD, it tells me that there are no drives found?  Any clue
> as to what is going on?  I am running 3 - 9G HDD SCSI HDD's in a RAID 5
> config.

DOS fdisk is the wrong type. You have to boot from the install CD, or
the FreeBSD install disks. If the controller cannot be found after boot,
you're out of luck. If you had mentioned which FreeBSD version you tried
to install, I had looked up if your controller is supported. To look it
up yourself, check http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.3R/notes.html.
Scroll down to section 2.1, Disk Controllers.

> Also, I'm having problems sending email from my registered list address.

Without an error message, detecting the cause would be witchcraft.

HTH
-Christoph Sold