Date:      Wed, 27 Oct 1999 16:02:51 EDT
From:      ATeslik@aol.com
To:        jaime@malkav.snowmoon.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: No sound with flash plugin

>   You probably already did this, but just in case....  Did you "cd
>/dev ; ./MAKEDEV snd0" or something similar?  Are you using Luigi's sound
>drivers or the older OSS-based ones.

I had already done that, but snd0 wasn't created. I'm not sure why. I tried
to touch and symlink snd -> dsp as well. No luck. Why wouldn't snd0 be
created? I'm using sb0 in my kernel as the device and snd0 as controller, and
not pcm0 (any advantage to pcm?). Addressing is correct in
sound_config.h...irqs correct. mabye some dmesg might provide a clue?

sb0 at 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 on isa
snd0: <SoundBlaster 16 4.11>
sbxvi0 at drq 5 on isa
snd0: <SoundBlaster 16 4.11>
sbmidi0 at 0x330 on isa
snd0: <SoundBlaster MPU-401>
opl0 at 0x388 on isa
snd0: <Yamaha OPL3 FM>
joy0 at 0x201 on isa
joy0: joystick

Hmm. It all looks good. No problems anywhere else with sound...

Alex