Date:      Tue, 19 Mar 2002 15:25:38 -0800
From:      chip.wiegand@simrad.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   network monitoring tools

--=_alternative 0080B64C88256B81_=

I know there are many, many network monitoring tools in the ports. I am
setting up a FreeBSD
box here at work, only the second one, with about 50 NT workstations and 8
NT servers. So,
what can I run on this machine to use to monitor the NT network? Something
cool, flashy, etc,
whatever will turn the heads of my boss (the IT manager), and others above
him? This is a
NT shop, into which I have managed to get two bsd boxes, the first is
running a web server
and sendmail. The machine is a AMD800 and has a 19" monitor. I plan on
using XFCE for my
window manager, but also have KDE and Enlightenment/Gnome installed just
to show 'em off.

Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks,
--
Chip Wiegand
Computer Services

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
     --Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment
Corporation, 1977
 (They why do I have 7? Somebody help me!)
--=_alternative 0080B64C88256B81_=

Any suggestions would be great.</font>
--<br>
Chip Wiegand<br>
Computer Services<br>
Simrad, Inc<br>
www.simrad.com<br>
chip.wiegand@simrad.com<br>
&quot;There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home.&quot;<br>
 &nbsp; &nbsp; --Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corporation, 1977<br>
 (They why do I have 7? Somebody help me!)</font>
--=_alternative 0080B64C88256B81_=--