Date:      Fri, 1 Sep 1995 13:41:41 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Don's FList drop" <freelist@elf.kendall.mdcc.edu>
To:        hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org, Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Subject:   Re: fdisk in 2.1.0-<mumble>-SNAP is broken

On Fri, 1 Sep 1995, J Wunsch wrote:

> It's been changed since we've got a better solution than the mystic
> `d' partition now to access the entire drive; it's the slice code.
> Only the `c' partition remains magic now, it's the synonym for the
> entire slice.

Hmmm. My second drive is currently wd1c, due to a complicated series of
technical issues that boil down to the fact that I didn't know what the
hell I was doing when I set it up.

Am I headed for a future disaster here? It's working fine, but now you've
got me worrying that it's going to cause trouble down the road if I move
this machine up to 2.1 or something.