Date:      Mon, 8 Dec 2014 09:09:51 -0800
From:      Sean Chittenden <seanc@groupon.com>
To:        Steven Hartland <killing@multiplay.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ZFS scrub on new disks gives cksum errors

I had this exact problem at home on my FreeNAS host when a box is plugged
in to residential power that is "not clean."  If you plug this host in to a
UPS it should clear things up instantly (find a sine wave UPS, not a
digital stepping supply).  There's something about the fluctuating power or
brownouts that ZFS is well suited to detecting (and became terrifying to me
because wtf happened in the past pre-ZFS??).

-sc