Date:      Mon, 10 Jan 2022 11:39:17 -0800
From:      bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Cc:        bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net>
Subject:   SSH login failing on stable/13

A Pi3 running stable/13 updated yesterday has stopped accepting ssh logins.
The problem appeared after an update a couple days ago. The update was
repeated yesterday in hopes of catching some missing details, but no luck.

A session originated from RaspiOS with -vvv ends showing only
debug3: authmethod_lookup keyboard-interactive
debug3: remaining preferred: password
debug3: authmethod_is_enabled keyboard-interactive
debug1: Next authentication method: keyboard-interactive
debug2: userauth_kbdint
debug3: send packet: type 50
debug2: we sent a keyboard-interactive packet, wait for reply
debug3: receive packet: type 60
debug2: input_userauth_info_req
debug2: input_userauth_info_req: num_prompts 1
Password for bob@pelorus.zefox.org:
debug3: send packet: type 61
Connection closed by 50.1.20.24 port 22

The "connection closed" took a couple of minutes to appear.
Other ssh connections to older versions of FreeBSD seem to
work normally. I looked at bugzilla, nothing recent about
ssh.

I'm baffled, any suggestions appreciated!

bob prohaska