Date:      Sat, 3 Aug 1996 14:11:39 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mark Mathis <mark@earth.mat.net>
To:        Daniel Kligerman <kligs@gold.interlog.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Win95 to FreeBSD through Ethernet

On Sat, 3 Aug 1996, Daniel Kligerman wrote:

> What IP address do I use for the Win95 machine?  Do I just pick a
> non-public address for it?  For the dns IP I assume I put in the static
> IP of my internet account?

No, you need to get a class "C" from your provider. Once you connect your
win95 machine to your freebsd machine that is connected to the internet
the win95 machine will be able to reach the whole world and the world
will be able to reach it. The address needs to be a valid address
assigned to you.

Are you running dns on your freebsd machine?

> How about on the FreeBSD end?

add the win95 machine into ppp.sys and addr-map

  /\	Mark Mathis	Micro Access Technologies  "Behind every successful
 /\/\	Mark@Mat.Net	PO Box 92224               cat is an obedient owner"
/\/\/\	202/529-5001	Washington, DC  20090